Click here!

Choose:

Left
Right
Bottom
×
×

Did you know about our awesome upcoming event? Click here to get all the details!

×

Search:

Google: Yahoo: MSN:

PM Homepage

Welcome

You are not logged in. You must use your login detail including the password to be connected, or you may register, it is free and it will not take more than a minute.


Statistics

Statistics In total 17 registered members posted a total of 1 894 replies and 1 878 topics
The last registered member is : lehat
The record for simultaneous visits on the website is 392 visitors: 21 December 2014, 20:02

Who is online

Statistics

There is 11 visitor(s) on the website: 0 member(s) (for which 0 invisible(s)) and 11 guest(s)
Legend : Administrator, Global moderator, Moderator, Member
» Googlebot (bot)

There is 0 member who visited the website today, for which 0 invisible(s)

There is no registered member who celebrate his (her) birthday today

No event lodged in the calendar for the forseable 10 coming days

Donald Trump Authorises Release Of JFK Assassination Files

By RouTe, 21 October 2017, 15:00 (0 comment)
VIDEO. In a statement on Twitter, Trump revealed he will be allowing the “long blocked” documents to be opened for the first time.

Donald Trump Authorises Release Of JFK Assassination Files
The moment President John F. Kennedy was shot in Dallas, Texas on November 22, 1963

Donald Trump intends to authorise the release of “classified” files relating to the assignation of 35th President John F. Kennedy, despite concerns from officials.

Trump caveated the decision as being “subject to the receipt of further information”.

The move comes against the advice of federal bodies that have expressed concern at the release of the documents.



The National Security Council warned Trump to withhold a batch of files that could shed more light on the November 1963 assassination.



Legislation passed in 1992 led to the release of millions of papers, memos and other evidence relating to the shooting, carried out by Lee Harvey Oswald.

But a stumbling block presented itself with a final cache of documents, due to be revealed by October 26 this year.

As sitting president, only Trump has the power to override the Security Council’s advice.



HuffPost UK by George Bowden Oct. 21st 2017 14H47


DR Congo bank helped Hezbollah company avoid US sanction

By RouTe, 21 October 2017, 3:45 (0 comment)
A new report alleges that several 2011 transactions at the Congo-based BGFIBank DRC involved companies that had been linked to Kassim Tajideen—a Lebanese-Belgian businessman who was designated by the U.S. Department of the Treasury as a Specially Designated Global Terrorist.

VIDEO. DR Congo bank helped Hezbollah company avoid US sanction
Joseph Kabila Kabange, President of the Democratic Republic of the Congo sits in the chair reserved for heads of state before addressing the 72nd United Nations General Assembly at U.N. headquarters in New York, U.S., September 23, 2017. REUTERS/Eduardo Munoz - RC1C411AA540

DR Congo bank helped Hezbollah company avoid US sanction
Kassim Tajideen

EXCLUSIVE – One of the most prominent banks in the Democratic Republic of the Congo may have been diverting assets to enable financiers of terrorism avoid U.S. sanctions, an explosive new report says.

The report, entitled “The Terrorists’ Treasury,” was published Monday by The Sentry, an initiative of actor George Clooney and human rights activist John Prendergast. It raises red flags about several transactions in 2011 at BGFIBank DRC, a bank operated by the brother of Congo President Joseph Kabila.

The Sentry alleges that the transactions involved companies with links to Kassim Tajideen — a Lebanese-Belgian businessman who was added to the U.S. government’s sanction list in 2009 for his support of the Hezbollah terrorist organization.

The nonprofit says the transactions took place despite warnings from bank employees who said they might violate the U.S. sanctions. The transactions showed that BGFIBank had made wire transfers on behalf of several subsidiaries of a Tajideen company, Congo Futur, which had accounts at the bank, and was also on the U.S. sanctions list.

The Sentry investigators say they became aware of the transactions as they were investigating separate allegations that BGFIBank had been used to divert public funds, including millions in withdrawals by Congo’s electoral commission.

DR Congo bank helped Hezbollah company avoid US sanction
Kinshasa, capital of the Democratic Republic of the Congo where both Congo Futur and BGFIBank DRC are headquartered. (M. Torres/iStock)

“We started off looking at BGFIBank DRC because of numerous reports that the bank had been implicated in suspect transactions involving Congolese state institutions and assets,” J.R. Mailey, Investigations Director for The Sentry, told Fox News. “What our investigation revealed what jarring but perhaps not entirely unexpected -- the same banks used by kleptocratic governments to divert state assets can also be used by terrorist financiers to move money.”

According to The Sentry report, an eagle-eyed BGFI employee first noticed the transactions in June of 2011. That employee alerted others at the bank to the transactions which involved transfers in U.S. dollar denominations to several companies. Several weeks later, the employee tied the companies to Congo Futur and recommended that the bank discontinue further transactions with those firms because of the U.S. sanctions against Congo Futur.

Other employee then discussed their concerns about the transactions in writing with BGFIBank higher-ups, according to the report.

DR Congo bank helped Hezbollah company avoid US sanction
BGFIBank DRC is headed up by Zoe Kabila (pictured left with Janet Kabila her sister) the brother of DRC President Joseph Kabila Kabange. The Sentry originally was investigating the bank for separate allegations that the banking institution had been used to divert public funds, including millions in withdrawals by Congo’s electoral commission. (Reuters)

But despite those warnings and concerns, BGFIBank continued to process the transactions and even took it one step further when they made a request to the U.S. Treasury to unblock a transaction that was put on hold for compliance reasons by another bank, the report says.

“We have seen documents showing that the transactions continued for several more months,” Mailey said. “After other financial institutions began to block Congo Futur-linked transfers initiated by BGFIBank DRC in mid-2011, the bank went so far as to request to the OFAC [U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control] to unblock these transactions. The Sentry has not seen any documents indicating that BGFIBank DRC processed any transactions for companies linked to Congo Futur or Kassim Tajideen in 2012 or after.”

But he said there is evidence that the bank continued to communicate with at least one subsidiary of Congo Futur as recently as March 2016.

A BGFIBank spokeswoman says the allegations against the bank were politically motivated and false.

“This allegation was made nearly a year ago,” the spokeswoman told Fox News in an e-mailed statement. “It was one of many highly personal and political attacks by a former employee.”

The spokeswoman said BGFIBank is an established international bank with branches in 12 countries, including France, Cote d'Ivoire and Senegal and that is independently audited by accountants at PricewaterhouseCoopers and Deloitte.

“The Bank takes its compliance responsibilities very seriously,” the spokeswoman said. “Our compliance procedures have also been reinforced with the constant technological support of our reach of correspondent bankers based in the United States of America as well as Europe. Therefore, the bank formally rejects this allegation and all other negative allegations from this source.”

This is something that the U.S. can stop completely.
- J.R. Mailey


In March, Tajideen was arrested and charged by federal prosecutors in Washington with fraud, conspiracy, money laundering and violating global terrorism sanctions. It’s alleged that he evaded the sanctions imposed on him because of his financial support of Hezbollah.

His arrest was part of “Project Cassandra,” a Drug Enforcement Administration two-year probe targeting Hezbollah’s global support network.

“Because of his support for Hezbollah, a major international terrorist group, the U.S. government imposed sanctions on Kassim Tajideen in 2009 that barred him from doing business with U.S. individuals and companies,” Acting Assistant Attorney General Kenneth Blanco said in announcing Tajideen’s arrest.



“Those sanctions are a powerful tool in our efforts to combat terrorists and those who would support them,” he said. “Indeed, the sanctions posed such a significant threat to Tajideen’s extensive business interests that he allegedly went to great lengths to evade them by hiding his identity from the U.S. entities he did business with, and from the government agencies responsible for enforcing the sanctions.”

DR Congo bank helped Hezbollah company avoid US sanction
Marriage of Ruwez Mtwale and Zoe Kabila CEO of BGFIBank

The indictment accused Tajideen of concealing his activities to the Treasury on three separate occasions in 2010, 2012 and 2014, according to The Washington Post.

Last November, The Wall Street Journal reported that the Justice Department was looking into whether a U.S.-based company had tried to mask sales of wheat-flour to firms that were linked to Tajideen.

Tajideen has pleaded not guilty.



The Sentry’s Mailey says his team did not go out looking for sanction-busting, but the discovery has serious implications.

“Even a Lebanese terrorist financier operating in Africa was making transactions using the U.S. dollar,” he said. “That shows the might of our currency.

“This is not an immovable object,” Mailey said. “This is something that the U.S. can stop completely.”





By Perry Chiaramonte, Fox News
Perry Chiaramonte is a reporter for FoxNews.com. Follow him on Twitter at @perrych


VIDEO - Jihadists in DR Congo calling on people to join them

By RouTe, 21 October 2017, 2:57 (0 comment)
Islamic State-loyal group calls for people to join the jihad in the Congo

http://mastakongo.com/news/images/Articles_photo/2017/october/video-show-jihadists-in-the-Democratic-Republic-of-the-Congo-calling-on-people-to-join-them-in-the-fighting-there1.png
Logo of the “City of Monotheism and Monotheists” group

A recently emerged video shared on various Islamic State channels appears to show jihadists in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) calling on people to join them in the fighting there. The video, which is very low quality and grainy, is undated and cannot be independently verified by FDD’s Long War Journal.

In the video, a group calling itself “The City of Monotheism and Monotheists (MTM)” is shown grouped together in a jungle. It is unclear where the group might be based, however, the DRC’s North Kivu province near the Ugandan border has been the flashpoint of Islamist violence for the last 20 years.

An Arabic-speaking militant is then shown speaking to the camera where he calls on those “in Dar al Kufr [Abode of Apostasy] to migrate to Dar al Jihad, Dar al Qitl [Abode of Fighting], and Dar al Eman [Abode of Faith].” He continues by saying that “this is Dar al Islam” and that “I swear to God that this is Dar al Islam of the Islamic State in Central Africa.” He ends his speech by again calling on people to migrate to the DRC and join them and that “here we are Emigrants and Helpers fighting in the path of God…I swear to God that here [we] are in the Jihad.”

MTM, as shown in the video, appears to be a small unit that contains at least one non-Congolese militant. At least three child fighters are also seen in the video. The group claims to be loyal to the Islamic State and the video has made its rounds in Islamic State-affiliated social media accounts. No official statement has been made by the Islamic State on any bayah statement or otherwise on the Congo.

This group is likely minor and does not pose a major Islamic State threat in the Congo. Most of DRC’s Islamist violence is perpetrated by the Ugandan Allied Democratic Forces (ADF). The ADF is purported to have links to al Qaeda’s Shabaab and other African jihadist groups, while its leader allegedly met with Osama bin Laden in Sudan in the early 90s.

That said, some have cast doubt on the relationship between ADF and other African jihadists. Claims of cooperation have been made by DRC and Ugandan officials, which is often difficult to independently verify.

However, the video’s significance among Islamic State channels and supporters represents a current trend of attempting to show victories or expansion despite major setbacks in Iraq, Syria, Libya, and elsewhere. It remains to be seen how well this call to join the jihad in the DRC will go over for the apparently nascent Islamic State-loyal group.

Screenshots from the video showing the Arabic speaker and child fighters:

http://mastakongo.com/news/images/Articles_photo/2017/october/video-show-jihadists-in-the-Democratic-Republic-of-the-Congo-calling-on-people-to-join-them-in-the-fighting-there.png





BY CALEB WEISS | October 15th, 2017 | weiss.caleb2@gmail.com | @Weissenberg7 longwarjournal.org
Caleb Weiss is an intern at the Foundation for Defense of Democracies and a contributor to The Long War Journal.


Hotel JiJi (example)

Four stars Hotel with swimming pool

  • Classe!

    Our rooms are spacious and modern. Large swimming pool.

    Reserve today
  • Nice Hotel!

    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Praesent volutpat, lectus non lacinia luctus, dolor ante luctus justo, et consequat elit odio nec sem.

    More
  • Come visit us!

    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Praesent volutpat, lectus non lacinia luctus, dolor ante luctus justo, et consequat elit odio nec sem. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit.

    More

Search

 
 

Newsletter

You must be a registered member of the website to receive newsletters

.
website security
 
Top